Something I got from the Mobile trends group on LinkedIn. It’s the Mobile trends Report from Allot Mobile Trends.
Nice report, might be a bit “Shiny” oriented for us “Rugged” folks but it’s important info all the same. Key findings here:
- Global mobile data bandwidth usage increased significantly with 68% growth.
- Video streaming continued to be the fastest growing application type with a 92% increase. Video streaming is also the single largest application worldwide.
- YouTube remains one of the single most important websites accounting for 13% of global mobile data bandwidth.
- VoIP and IM grew by 84% becoming the second fastest growing application worldwide.
- Twitter experienced a huge 310% jump in its global mobile data bandwidth usage.
- Facebook increased its dominance of the social networking segment and grew by 200%.
- Skype remains the undisputed VoIP market leader, accounting for 83% of global mobile VoIP bandwidth.
and the report can be downloaded from here:
The Rugged and Mobile blog.