We’ve had a lot of people talking about the iPAQ 214, 210 etc and other HP PDA’s as a lot of them have also gone end of line quite quickly, with no imminent replacements due. What I wanted to do was just highlight a device we have here that’s an old hand at replacing devices like the HP ipaq’s, HTC P6500 and the old MC35.
Enter the Pidion BM170
The BM170 is a unique device iin the rugged market being the only semi-rugged PDA with a PDA form factor and large screen. It’s also extremely versatile with many different hardware and OS specs ranging from 128MB RAM, QVGA screen and no WAN or camera, up to a fully specified 256/256MB, VGA, 3MP Cam, HSDPA device. It sports both flavours of WM6.5, WM6.1 for better support of older devices and it has a version of Android v2.1 certified by the manufacturer. The iPaq was probably cheaper than the BM170 but not by much but the BM170 brings with it a whole set of new advantages over the HP PDA including:
- Supportable device with a range of warranty, repair and full service options.
- Semi rugged design with a drop spec giving you a more resilient device.
- Better road map, so you’ll know where you are on the replacement model far earlier and the replacement will be sympathetic to the existing model.
- Better knowledge and general support. Us rugged folk here like to talk mission critical and we understand and offer guidance on everything we sell and Pidion device are no exception. We’re not flogging phones and PDA’s to punters, we stand by you the whole time and know how to keep your business running.
- The BM170 is a line of business semi-rugged PDA, not a shiny PDA designed for managers to get their emails and view word documents!
With prices ranging from under £300 to just over £400 there’s definitely something in the Pidion BM170 range that should work for you. we’ve had a great deal of success in transferring iPAQ, HTC and Motorola people already and for larger projects we have loan devices so you can make the decision on if its right for you with your own eyes. Come talk to us here if you want to know more. The Rugged and Mobile blog.